Having difficult conversations may never be easy, but there are ways to make those conversations both productive and as painless as possible.
In this course we will look at the three roles, 'Oppressor, Victim and Rescuer' and scenarios that could take place during conversations. Enabling you to deal with opposing opinions and strong emotions.
Objectives of the Course
In this course we will cover topics such as:
- Choosing the right time and place for the conversation taking into account the 'emotional climate'
- Anticipating that you may not be on the same page - different perceptions and interpretations
- Using a respectful tone to communicate is as important as what you say
- How not to interrupt others when speaking, showing the other person the respect you you want to be shown in return
- How to remain calm and in control.
- Genuine desire for a win-win outcome - aim for compromise or resolution that satisfies all
- Being empathetic and understanding of their point of view and emotional state
- Face-to-face communication and how to maintain eye contact
- Writing it out, giving you the opportunity to consider all views
- Don't team up
3rd July 2019 (Session for Admin Staff)
9th July 2019 (Session for Teaching Staff)
Time of Sessions
12:00 - 14:00
Inspirit Teaching School
St Thomas More Catholic Secondary School
Tyne Crescent, Bedford, MK41 7UL
£30 per person including refreshments
*Free to Bedford Borough Schools